Welcome to the 5th Annual DFW Solar Tour
The DFW Solar Tour, on Saturday, October 4th, 2014 is a FREE PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE
The tour enables people to learn how their neighbors – homeowners and businesses alike – are using solar energy, wind energy, energy efficiency, and other sustainable technologies to save money and consume less of our natural resources. The strategies and techniques on display during this year’s tour range from things as simple and easy as changing to LED light bulbs and selecting more efficient appliances, to cutting-edge, ultra-efficient eco-homes and businesses that are generating as much or more energy than they consume!
Most sites are open between 10 am and 4 pm (check individual sites for exceptions, non-standard tour times are indicated in red). Homeowners or NTREG volunteers will be available at each site to provide information, share experiences and answer questions. Visit our Locations page and follow the links for each host site to see its visiting hours along with maps, directions, and a brief property description and photos provided by the host site.
Attend the Solar Tour to:
- Meet people who have renewable energy installations, learn why they did it, the process, what they love about it and lessons learned.
- Learn about the different technologies and see how they are installed
- Hear about how different renewable energy technologies can work together
- Discover that it is possible to live off-grid using renewable energy
- Find out all of the ways you can use renewable energy to power your life
Attend the tour and get all of your renewable energy questions answered!
But until the tour, please follow these links to:
- Learn more About the Tour
- See the Solar Tour Locations to plan your tour
- Learn more about the North Texas Renewable Energy Group (NTREG)
- Find out how to volunteer at a tour site or learn more about adding your site to the tour and becoming a Tour Host.
- Find out how you can support the Tour as an individual or promote your business by becoming a Sponsor.
“Together, we can drive the momentum of the world's largest grassroots solar event and demonstrate that the benefits of solar energy and its energy-efficiency cousins have not only hit the mainstream, they're also here to stay.”